Want a different approach preparing for your birth? One that is right for you, leaves you feeling confidence, empowered and excited?
Hypnobirthing is proven to help expectant mums and dads to achieve this, helping to define their births as a positive event regardless of if the birth was natural or a caesarean. The tools that you learn throughout this course can increase the … and therefore births are less likely to be traumatic and painful and mum’s tend to find they are less likely to ask for an epidural or other medical pain relief.
Hypnobirthing isn’t me hypnotising you all at the front of the class! It is about harnessing skills innate to us, it’s an antenatal toolkit. Busting with useful skills to enjoy a more relaxed, natural, instinctive birth however that might look on the day.
The Wise Hippo Birth preparation course is about the right birth on the day. The idea of the ‘perfect birth’ can add undue pressures.
While exploring all the options available to you, you can make informed choice about what it is you want and confidently know is right for you.
The Wise Hippo Programme provides a more passionate and fun approach to Hypnobirthing which aims to ensure the expectant parents leave the courses feeling “excited, empowered and confident that they have the skills to remain calm, relaxed and in control throughout their labour and birth”.
You can start from 20wks to give you plenty of time to practice, however I have had plenty of couples book on at 38wks and still go on to have an awesome birth! It’s never too late 🙂
Private Course – £350
All Hypnobirthing courses are taught privately. The classes can either be held in my wonderful cabin at my home in Loughton, at your own home or in another location convenient to you.
Here is an outline of what we cover in each class (click title to read each session).
- Explaining the relevance of the Hippopotamus
- The Picture of Childbirth today
- The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme materials
- Defining Hypnosis
- Acknowledging Pain
- The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
- Mind / Body connection
- The Impact of Others
- Taking charge of your thoughts
- Relaxation-the antidote to discomfort
- What is Relaxation?
- Positions for Relaxation
- Remember to Breathe
- Eyes Open Hypnosis
- Time Distortion
- Birth Partners Script
- Establishing a practice routine
- Prenatal bonding
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Choosing who will be with you when you have your baby
- Alternative options for promoting comfort
- Medical intervention
- Natural nudges of encouragement for your baby
- Interventions explained
- Benefits of a natural birth
- Writing your birth plan and making your birth choices
- Physical preparations for birth
- The mirror mantra
- Fear release session
- Soothing strokes and the power of positive touch
- Positions for birth
- Ligaments and pelvis
- Humming your baby down birthing your baby
- Birth partner s role
- Using the techniques during labour
- When baby arrives
- Sea of Serenity Birth Hypnosis session
- Your practice and preparation diary